A 60-second speed read.
Children’s Mental Health Week runs until Sunday.
And we’re sharing seven super tips on how you can help your little cherubs cope with the strains lockdown can place upon their young shoulders.
- Listen – Ask them how they are feeling and listen to what they have to say.
- Support – There have been difficult times for all children during lockdown, so remember a supportive word can go a long way.
- Involve – Stay involved in what they are doing and show interest in their activities and opinions.
- Serious – Show their feelings matter by taking what they say seriously.
- Routine – Build and keep to a positive routine. Be that around bedtime, playtime or when home school starts.
- Active – It’s very beneficial for children’s mental health for them to stay physically active.
- Love – Remember this quote: ‘The child that has unconditional love has the greatest gift the world can offer.’
We hope you found those tips useful.
At Alison George, we’re proud to support Children’s Mental Health Week.